I love to fly in an airplane. For two reasons: 1) I love to travel and see new places 2) it puts my life into perspective. I believe its very easy to get caught up in our own fishbowl of life where everything is familiar to us. Daily having close to the same routine, driving within a certain distance. It can be easy to feel like a goldfish swimming around in circles in that fishbowl, forgetting about the rest of the world that surrounds the bowl.
As we take of in the plane I look down at the earth, all the little cars on the roads and wonder if its a perspective of how God sees and watches over us. As the plane climbs altitude into and above the clouds I tend to think a lot about creation. The sun is so beautiful, the clouds rise majestically in the sky, the sky is a perfect color of blue. God is so awesome! Our world is so big and perfect and I am just one little speck, but I am still very important to God. Wow - His plans are so definite and complete.
Although this so far is about the beautiful part of creation, I do have to wonder why some things were created, like fleas? God created everything for a purpose - but what is the fleas purpose, except to irritate a dog? hmmm....
I'm sure you might wonder what would make me think about fleas, well I recently had a run in with a lot of them. As a realtor, I was recently showing a house to a client who happens to be a friend as well. My daughter, Paige, had come along with me, my client also brought along his mom, his son and his nephew. So our group looked through the house and proceeded to go to the detached garage that had partially been remodeled into an entertainment room. As we are standing out there admiring, my daughter Paige tells me that there are bugs crawling all over he legs. I tell her to wait a minute and the adults continue to talk for another minute and then we realize - all of us are being covered with fleas! We run out of that garage and are attempting to brush off, shake off, and pick of hundreds of fleas. I have never been so horrified. I'm running into the front yard of the house, pulling my cardigan off and shaking it. I continue to jump up and down and wonder if the neighbors are watching me. I can honestly say we were outside trying to remove fleas for a good fifteen minutes. Then the worst part was having to get into the car to drive away from the house, knowing that fleas would get into the car. When Paige and I got home, I made us go to the back porch, strip to our birthday suits, and make a run for the shower! I wanted to make sure I got rid of all of those fleas. I had to wash our clothes, shoes, and spray flea spray in my car to make sure all the fleas were killed and didn't reproduce in there. So after receiving more than 60 flea bites and being totally disgusted - I say, Lord, why fleas?
Saturday, October 13, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment