My girls and I just returned from a trip to Disney World in Orlando, FL. We traveled along with my mom, and my brother and his family. It has taken me two days to recuperate from all of the excitement. It's amazing how many people flock to the resort parks everyday, and this is during the fall and not peak summer time. The trip went well and the girls had a great time, especially my youngest daughter who got to ride in the stroller most of the time. I know my feet were really hurting by the end of each day due to the extreme walking and standing in lines. I say that standing in lines for 20 minutes or more with strangers is an ultimate test. Especially if its hot...tempers can flare and comments made because people are tired & stressed but trying to say that they are having a great time at the theme park. I did have to work hard at times to keep a smile on my face, be friendly and not fall into that same frustrated feeling. Because I chose to stay in a positive mood, my trip was great! I studied the "cast members" if the parks (what Disney employees are called) I know that they must go thru some major customer service training. Most of them were positive, had smiles and joked with the crowds. They may have a gift of serving, but even the most social person can go into meltdown when they have to deal with thousands of people each day. And out of the many we were in contact they all had a great attitude.
This made me reflect on how Jesus dealt with the crowds in His day. He was calm, caring, compassionate to all that was surrounding him. He says to us in John 13:35 "Your love for one another will prove to the world that you are my disciples." (NLT) I don't want to call myself a Christian and then when put in a position of waiting in the long lines, be grumpy, disrespectful to Disney employees or any others around me. This isn't showing love to others as God has asked. To win others for Christ you have to model yourself as Christ and love all. Stay out of judgement and keep a smile on your face. Trust me, it's great and it makes your vacation or any daily activity much more fun and peaceful for you and your family! Love to the end.

No comments:
Post a Comment