Friday, October 12, 2007

Faith prayer

I almost feel that this blog will become an online diary for me! Today I came across a bible study by Beth Moore called Believing God. I had attended this study at my church several years ago. Since it has been so long, I've decided to review it again on my own.

Some of the verses I read today really stood out to me, found in Ephesians 1:18-20, Paul is praying for spiritual wisdom... "I pray that your hearts will be flooded with light so that you can understand the wonderful future he has promised to those he called. I want you to realize what a rich and glorious inheritance he has given to His people. I pray that you will begin to understand the incredible greatness of his power for us who believe him. This is the same mighty power that raised Christ from the dead and seated him in the place of honor at God's right hand in the heavenly realms." (NLT)

It is hard to grasp all the concepts of God. Our simple minds cannot understand fully all that he is, but I have belief in him and recognize his power. I want my heart to be flooded with his light so that I will understand and comprehend that he has promised me a great future.

One of the questions in Beth's study is to list out my biggest challenges I have today, basically putting them in writing for the Lord! I would pray that the Lord help increase my compassion towards others, that I will become a better listener ( I love to talk more than listen :o( ) and that my relationship with Christ will continue to grow stronger every day.

Until tomorrow, love all.

No comments: